The Cheetah Chase is one of the most unique 5K events in Michigan and a favorite at Binder Park Zoo! Runners of all ages and abilities complete a 5K covering two continents—sprinting all the way to “Africa” and back. Kangaroos, wolves, and giraffe will be on-hand to watch participants race through the Zoo, whether in the 5K Gazelle Gallop of the 5K Sloth Walk
Pre-register online at
Online registration will close at 11:59pm EST on Thursday, June 20, 2019.
Mail-in registrations must be postmarked no later than June 17, 2019. Day of event registrations will be accepted for the race fee of $50.
** Day of Registration will be $50 **
Events and Times
- 6:45am to 7:45am – Registration.
- 7:30am – Gates to zoo entrance closed to prep for race – be here before 7:30 to park in zoo lot.
- 8:00am – Gazelle Gallop (5K Run), Sloth Walk (5K Walk). Post Race Cool Down After The Race.
- Last participant must cross the finish line by 9:30am.
- Shuttles from Harper Creek High School will run from 6:00am until 11:00am.
- Beer Garden – open during event and also on zoo grounds all day
All participants in both 5K events will receive a free day-of admission pass to the zoo and their first Bell’s brew for free (21 and up only). Race day registrations are not guaranteed Cheetah Chase shirt.
- Gazelle Gallop (5K Run) – $40 (Registration on Race Day – $50)
- Sloth Walk (5K Walk) – $40 (Registration on Race Day – $50)
- The $40 registration fee includes a Cheetah Chase Technical Tee Shirt.
- Kalamazoo Area Runners/Battle Creek Road Runners and Holland Area Runners receive a $5 discount with your membership ID number.
- Registration fee includes – Registration, “technical” race shirt, zoo pass for the day, and first beer free at the Beverage Sponsor station for adults over 21 years of age.
For more information, please visit: